Talk Like A Pirate Day – 19th September

Ahoy there me hearties !!!!

I’ve been aware of ‘International Talk Like a Pirate Day’ for a number of years, and every year it becomes more and more well known. It is fast approaching this year so I thought I’d do my bit to pass on the word. On the 19th I won’t be answering the phone by shouting “Ahoy!!!!” , but I might have a go at some proper pirate banter around the office. If you want to join in there is an online ‘How to talk like a pirate guide’. This year TLAP is raising money for Marie Curie Cancer Care by releasing a pirate song called ‘On a Pirate Ship’. The song will be available on indiestore.com and the Itunes shop, with the proceeds going to the charity. The video to the song is linked in below. Forget ye not about ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’, lest ye be keelhauled !!

This entry was posted in Random and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Talk Like A Pirate Day – 19th September

1. Mike Nolan says:

Why are pirates called pirates?

2. Is it becuase ‘They Aaaaaarrrgghhhh !!!’

Swap the r with an l, and suddendly it all takes a different turn. Would your prefer to encounter ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ or ‘Pilates of the Carribean’ ?

3. Neil says:

Captain Jack doing stretching exercises before plundering would be kind of a strange concept!

I be embarking on a voyage back from Spain on the 19th, and me bein a Landlubber an all I be absolutley frightend to fly, some Grog will be had beforehand…Let us prey that I don’t go down to Davy Jones’ Locker!……Afterall I paid 18 Doubloons for airport taxes!!! And EasyJet is pretty safe isn’t it!!!!????

.

4. Mike Nolan says:

I hope easyJet are safe because I fly back from the Netherlands in 8 hours!

5. Pingback: Web Services » Going Live!