Joining the Federation – Make it so !!

Trekkies will be disappointed, there are no Vulcans or Andorians in this federation I’m afraid 🙁

We are in the process of applying to join the UK Access Management Federation. I was going to write something about why we are joining and the benefits, but then I found that everything I wanted to say is in this video.

[googlevideo]6664146721575915928[/googlevideo]

Core Services will be working with Learning Services to use ‘Federated Access’ as described in the video to grant students access to the Online Athens Resources. This will mean that Athens users at Edge Hill will be able to access the online resources using their Edge Hill user name and password. There will no longer be a need for a separate user name and password. There are also numerous other applications for ‘Federated Access’ at Edge Hill, but the Athens Resources are our priority at the moment.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Joining the Federation – Make it so !!

1. Mandy says:

Great video. This is one of the areas where it is so easy to get lost in the technical details, and forget about why we’re trying to do it in the first place.