So I’ve wanted one for like ever! I now I have one! And it is awesome!!
Great for chilling out on and playing games and using social networks etc. BUT
I also think that it is going to be really useful when I am back at university!
Okay so my ideas for giving the iPad an academic purpose are:
1) Next year I will be living off campus, again, so it will be a lot smaller and lighter for my to carry around instead of my laptop.
2) I can use it for lecture and seminar notes.
3) I can also use it when I am doing research in the library, which again saves me taking my heavy laptop.
4) I can watch films for my course on it/put films that I have watched for my course on it and them have them with me if I need to refer back to a scene etc.
5) Internet research
6) Ebooks! I can download them straight onto my iPad!
7) Can read through books and articles and highlight specific areas and book mark pages etc.
Those are my reasons thus far. So hopefully it will be a useful thing that have and hopefully it will save me lugging my laptop around which almost killed me last year.