I’m going to have a little bit of a moan.

Okay, so this week is the last week of the semester for me and I’m going to be going home on Friday. So I am going to just take this opportunity to have a little moan.

As you all know I have been really busy recently with writing essays and preparing for deadlines that are this week. And two weeks ago I got really really annoyed.

Me and my friend sat down in lecture prepared to learn lots of information that we needed for one of our essays (that’s due in tomorrow!) and instead of our lecturer giving us a useful lecture we had a talk from the careers team.

Now, I know careers are important and at any other time or in another lecture (one where we didn’t have to have an essay in in two weeks) I wouldn’t have been bothered. BUT this really touched a nerve because we were being asked basic questions that we already knew the answers too about how to get a career within the film industry.  We were also doing tasks that I really didn’t feel benefited us at all. It all just felt like a waste of time. Especially because I know where the careers team are and I know that if I do want to talk to them or ask for some advice I know that I can go and get it at a time that is convenient for me as well as them. The talk lasted the whole lecture and we ended up missing it. That meant that we weren’t prepared for the seminar, we were talking about something that we didn’t have a clue about because we missed the lecture! That meant that the week after we would basically have 2 hours worth of lecture in one, which I really don’t think is fair!

I just really hope that the university tries to arrange things better next year. I know that this issue will be discussed in a future course rep meeting so hopefully it will. 😀