Money Problems!

Yes so I am a student and yes I have money problems! What a surprise!!

So I shall explain why I have money issues.

Last year I was terrible at budgeting! Honestly I was the worst, in the first semester I managed to spend all of my loan and £200 savings that I had! I don’t know what happened, well actually I do, HMV and H&M! Those evil evil stores ate up all my money. And in second semester last year I ran out of money a couple of weeks before I finished for easter because I put my birthday fancy dress outfit before my need for food. It was bad I was so hungry! I even tried pasta and gravy because those were the only things I had left. It was not nice.

So TOP TIP! Budget, budget and budget!

Okay, so this year I was determined to stick to my budget. However, I also wanted to pass my driving test as soon as possible. So this created a few issues. I started having driving lessons. I booked 10 hours worth at the beginning of October. Those ten hours cost me £190 which is pretty cheap for driving lessons these days. So that was that amount gone out of my budget. I borrowed money of my boyfriend for the test which was £62, I borrowed the money so that I had a chance of not actually running out of money ha ha. Another expense that I and my house hold have is internet, which is about £5 a month (which isn’t too bad) and the TV license, which works out as about £2.50 each per month (also not too bad). To try and not run out of money I have tried to stick to £20-£30 per week, which is hard, especially because I get to the train to Preston every weekend and have to get it back on the Monday so that’s a total of £11. Okay. So I had all that money going out, but I was on track to sticking to my budget and actually surviving.

Until

Me and my house mates received a gas and electric bill. NOOO! That worked out at £46.06 each. And that was for 3 months. Which I don’t think is that bad, however, I hadn’t budgeted for it because for some reason we thought that the bills wouldn’t come through until January :'(

Okay, so now for the last two weeks of the semester I have a grand total of about £10 to live off. I guess I shall be getting a lot of stuff from Iceland… That shop is a life saver, hopefully.