The Evidence Network for Renting was launched in 2020 following discussions with academics, practitioners and stakeholders. We identified the lack of evidence available on renting and the need to bring together different groups to share their knowledge to help support better policy-making.
Our network works as a knowledge-exchange hub to bring together academics, policymakers and stakeholders to share knowledge, evidence and information on renting, and to support the development of research on novel issues. We seek collaborative, interdisciplinary and cross-sector approaches to help us to develop evidence-informed policies on renting.
Our network has three core purposes:
- to share research and knowledge across professional, policy and academic groups,
- to promote opportunities which enable connections to be developed between different groups,
- to nurture opportunities for new research and evidence-informed policy-making and practice.
The aim of EN4R is to act as a knowledge-exchange hub to bring together academics, policymakers, and stakeholders together to share knowledge, evidence and information on renting, and to foster a culture that enables evidence-informed policymaking.
We are currently preparing our inaugural conference to share the latest research findings, collaboratively identify research challenges and opportunities, and develop policy and practice recommendations. We are planning to organise regular seminars and events to share new findings, best practice and foster links between network members.
We are keen to help support the development of links between members to develop and undertake collaborative studies and programmes.
Coordination and membership
The network is organised by a small group of academics and stakeholders from across the UK, and is currently chaired by Dr Tom Simcock, Research Fellow at Edge Hill University.
We welcome any individual or organisation with similar interests to join the network. To find out more about membership, please visit our membership page.
Get in touch
Email the Chair of EN4R, Dr Tom Simcock at [email protected].
Latest news from EN4R
- EN4R Special E-Event: Private renting in a time of crisis
- HCLG Select Committee Launch Inquiry into Impact of Covid-19 (coronavirus) on homelessness and the private rented sector
- The side effects of the suspension of possession claims in response to the Covid-19 crisis.
- Call for Papers: Renting in 2020 and beyond – development of a shared research and policy agenda
- Sharing knowledge to inform practice and policy: the launch of EN4R