The Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee is undertaking an inquiry into the general principles of the Renting Homes (Amendment) (Wales) Bill. Further details about the Bill and the accompanying Explanatory Memorandum can be found on the Bill page.
In scrutinising the general principles of the Bill at Stage 1, the Committee is invited to consider the following terms of reference:
- the general principles of the Renting Homes (Amendment) (Wales) Bill and the need for legislation to deliver the stated policy intention. In coming to a view on this you may wish to consider addressing the individual sections of the Bill;
- any potential barriers to the implementation of the Bill’s provisions and whether the Bill takes account of them,
- the appropriateness of the powers in the Bill for Welsh Ministers to make subordinate legislation (as set out in Chapter 5 of Part 1 of the Explanatory Memorandum).
- whether there are any unintended consequences arising from the Bill, and
- the financial implications of the Bill (as set out in Part 2 of the ExplanatoryMemorandum).
The Committee is seeking written evidence to assist in its consideration of the Bill. It would be helpful if you could use the above terms of reference to frame your response.
Submissions should arrive by 12 March 2020.
If you wish to submit evidence, please send an electronic copy of your submission to: [email protected]
Submissions should be no longer than five sides of A4, with numbered paragraphs, and should focus on the terms of reference.
If you are responding on behalf of an organisation, please provide a brief description of the role of your organisation.
Please see guidance for those providing evidence for committees.
The Committee has also launched a survey on the changes. You can complete the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CBQ5Y3H