Following on from my last post about my dissertation; things havn’t gone as smoothly as I’d hoped!
It turned out that the samples of Small leaved Lime that I was able to collect, was enough to carry out my dissertation question so I have had to start my fieldwork again using a different species. I am now looking at self incompatibility in Sticky groundsel instead and have started collecting my samples again!
I am extremely relieved that I started my dissertation when I did because fortunately, I still have time to do what I need to do…. my advice to anyone doing a dissertation is to start right away! There are many things that don’t go to plan when carrying out research and it’s much better to allow time for problems.