NEXUS Annual Journal of Learning & Teaching Research
Call for Papers
We are seeking papers on learning & teaching research in Higher Education, for Volume 2 of our digital publication NEXUS Annual Journal of Learning & Teaching Research.
The journal is committed to providing a focus for academic and academic-related staff interested and involved in researching learning and teaching in the post-compulsory education sector. This research area can be interpreted flexibly to incorporate management, policy and practice.
Volume 1 of the journal will be published in January 2009 on the CLTR website http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/cltr/ and later in the year as a CD. Volume 2 will be published similarly in early 2010.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by a panel, comprising senior academics of professorial, readership and fellowship standing, against the following criteria:
• Clarity of research question(s) and/or focus of enquiry
• Appropriate use of research methods and/or literature
• Rigour of analytical and/or theoretical framework
• Relevance of study/enquiry to the post-compulsory pedagogic research community
• Significance of study/enquiry to educational practice, policy, management or theory
• Papers will be 4000-8000 words in length, excluding footnotes and bibliography.
• An abstract of 150 words will be included.
• In-text citations and bibliography will be according to the Harvard standard.
• All notes will be footnotes rather than endnotes.
• Manuscripts will use a 12pt sans serif font and be double-spaced, in an electronic format that is compatible with Word 2007.
• The covering email will contain name(s), role(s) and institution(s) of all authors.
The deadline for receipt of papers is 5pm on Tuesday 10th March 2009.
Please submit manuscripts by email to Jennie Barnsley email@example.com