Keeping up to date with recent publications is vital for anyone involved in learning and teaching research. Fortunately there are many current awareness services available to make the task easier.
Many database services offer current awareness through email alerting. These mail regular listings of books, journal Tables of Contents (ToCs) and web resources based on your research interests to an email address of your choice.
All alerts services require you to have an account with username and password. Some will ask you to create your own account [Own] and others will require an Athens account [Athens].
- Blackwell Online – new books published [Own]
- Cambridge Univeristy Press Datashop – sample text, ToCs, etc. [Own]
- Conference Alerts – academic conferences worldwide [Own]
- Google Alerts – web resources [Own]
- IngentaConnect – journal ToCs [Own] or [Athens]
- Intute – web resources [Own]
- Kluwer Alert – books by Kluwer Academic, Kluwer Law International, and Plenum Publishers [Own]
- Oxford Journals – ToCs [Own]
- Sage – new books published and journal ToCs[Own]
- SARA (Scholarly Articles Research Alerting) – ToCs of Psychology Press, Routledge, or Taylor & Francis journals [Own]
- Zetoc – British Library journal ToCs [Athens]