This page and the ‘Good Practice Citations’ and ‘Edge Hill’s Taught Degrees Framework’ sub-menu’s have been designed specifically for course developers preparing for validation to access essential resources.
On this page by clicking the links you will have access to immediate support and guidance in the form of internal and external web links and resources including E-Val, the Taught Degree’s Framework, the Quality Management Handbook, UK Quality Code for HE, Competition and Markets Authority Guidance for HE Providers, Academic Regulations and Curriculum Development Strategies and Policies.
Obtaining Development Consent:
- Academic Planning webpage (AQDU)
- Curriculum Development Strategy (Strategies and Policies)
- Quality Management Handbook Chapter 4 (Strategies and Policies)
Designing the Curriculum:
- Validation webpage (templates) (AQDU)
- E-VAL (programme and module database)
- The Taught Degrees Framework and the Taught Degrees Framework wiki
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategies
- Quality Management Handbook Chapters 4, 6 & 7 (Strategies and Policies)
- Module Approval
- Academic Regulations & Appendices (Academic Registry)
- Collaborative Provision
- The Student Charter
- External sources of information, e.g. the UK Quality Code for HE including assuring standards and quality, the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications, subject benchmark statements and Higher Education Credit Framework for England); and Competition and Markets Authority Guidance for HE Providers.
Preparing for Validation:
- Please click here for AQDU validation webpage guidance.
Preparing for Monitoring and Review: