Interwebs!

Firstly, I shall explain my absence… The dissertation deadline creeps ever closer, and living in a house with third years, a poor wireless connection, and the only ethernet cable in the house there are sacrifices to be made. Which suck. Mostly because it means there is no facebook to see who’s going in for lectures (and then laugh at them, because it was 6am and I had a fever so was compelled to stay in bed). So there’s that issue put to bed… When someone’s doing a dissertation and it’s due in less than two weeks from now you do everything you can to not be murdered.

Now, elections! In all honesty I’m not sure if the rule about being unbiased in these matters is still in effect, after all you can’t vote in the elections yet anyway. But, the results are in. Gareth is your Vice President of Arts and Sciences. Some interesting facts that are not biased but presented in exactly the way that I found them;

1. Gareth played to the Sports student vote, who yes, bizarrely, come under the same faculty as us bookworms.

2. His major advertising ploy was his beard or lack thereof in a sequence of pictures.

3. When asked directly by a group of non-sporting English students what he would do for them, should they vote him in, replied with the words “I cannot cater for 27,000 students”.

Be afraid children.

At this point I should probably mention that I was on Rob Witchuch’s campaign team… The best and most creative team… But people are artistic plebs and didn’t vote for him. Boo. However, this does mean I am undeniably bitter and biased… Sorry dudes.