Shoes, shoes, shoooes…

I love shoes, and form unnatural attachments to my favourite pairs. I don’t care if they hurt me as long as they’re beautiful… Unfortunately Ormskirk is bad for shoes. The student house in which I currently live is two miles walk from campus (apparently, my geography isn’t great) and as you can imagine this is pretty heavy going on decorative footwear!

So I’ve had to say goodbye to many pairs of shoes over the last couple of weeks, and more will go in the next few days. But the pair that hurt the most to chuck are these;

My faithful Etnies! Beloved Etnies! Companion of a decade (not the same pair but a similar pair replaced every few years) and now dangerously broken wreck that hurt my feet! I might cry, honestly most of my happy memories are attached to a pair of these shoes.

Considering this, you may ask why not just buy another pair? Easier said than done. Also, not suitable for wear with a skirt. Talk about clown feet.

Instead, now I have these;They have white on them. They scare me slightly. Am I growing up if I can wear shoes with white on them and not feel like a traitor? It’s all very confusing. That said they do feel a tad more sophisticated than my old Etnies, as skate shoes go… They’re definitely more studenty.

Hopefully these will bear up to hiking around Ormskirk better than my old shoes! Now back to the horrible, depressing task of chucking dangerous boots…

One thought on “Shoes, shoes, shoooes…

1. Hi Charlotte

Hope your new shoes aren’t giving you blisters, physically or metaphorically.

I’m working for the uni at the moment, on a brochure for the English dept, and I’m incorporating the profile of you we use on the website.

Could you do me a massive favour and get in touch – I’m after a little extra info which would really improve the brochure content.

Thanks in advance,

nick