Holy verbose blog Batman!

It’s that time of year when all of the third years you know are off to start their adult lives, searching for jobs, crying over masters or PGCE places, stating last minute graduation dares…

It’s all resulted in a big mixture of of emotions, as volatile as Perry and sugar turned out to be, and I’m going to miss them all. So here’s a small space to say heartfelt commiserations to my dear friend who lost out on the PGCE this year, and a massive, squeaing, congratulations to my equally dear friend who got a job at Pixar!

That said, all this moving on does make you think about you’re options. As aware as I am that I still have another year of safe, cosy degree left to complete, it seems an appropriate time to have a peek out into the big bad world at the options. My findings are this; there are no options, the real world is scary, I want to be in full time education forever, and it’s incredibly appealing to blame the Tories even though they didn’t start this spiral into graduate hell.

However, there is hope! People are getting jobs this year, I have another year to wait which may see some recovery and you, lucky prospective (or perhaps by now even definite) students have a whole 3 years before you have to enter the fray! We can all drink a toast to that I think.

This all came to mind because I have found another job which I could do and not hate, considering that the government has a recruitment freeze, large swathes of the publishing industry ditto, and games are a hard business to get into to begin with… But what about cartoons? I love cartoons, who doesn’t?

And where else do you get to write things like this:

“Have a face full of Science, you great lummox!”

Worth every word to lead up to that in a way that fits my job description. Chow!