Sticky leaf to turn

I’m not a good student. I leave work ’til last minute, regularly sleep through lectures if not seminars as well, and never print off sheets that are necessary even if I am present.

This is how I got through bad teachers at A2 level, this is how I failed my first degree, and this is how I seem to be spiralling down in this degree.

Considering that I have yet to get an assessment back this year (having handed in the first last Friday) and so have no idea just what effect my lack of attention has had, it seems high time to change. No matter what other personal crap is going on, what better way to avoid it than to bury yourself in work? All it takes is a question that sparks ideas in your head and everything else can be shelved while you answer it.

It’s better to learn from other people’s mistakes than to learn from making them yourself, so learn from mine. Uni is not a holiday camp, and it isn’t school. Everything you do is on your own back and the grade you get will have a direct impact on employment for the rest of your life. So yes, have fun in your fresher year, have a social life, but don’t lose sight of why your here like I do far too often…

Food for thought, if a little confessional.