Okay, so I lied and we’ve been awful at keeping on top of the week notes but here goes with an overview of what we’ve been up to since last time.
- Dozens of updates to our digital signage across campus.
- One of the screens in the GeoSciences building now has Department of Geography specific content to welcome visitors through the door.
- The Creative Edge video wall has featured a tribute to Stuart Hall plus hosted content
- Set up an environment to internally host a web service from the Department of Computing, complete with git hooks for easy deployment.
- Supporting promotion of the National Student Survey - if you’re a final year student it’s not too late to have your say!
- A few maintenance updates to our PC Availability service and looking at some of the reporting work done last summer.
- Discussions about the English & History website and how it will fit into our new WordPress theme.
- Student (and some staff profiles) are now hosted in WordPress. While not actively linked to you can explore them all on the profile wall.
- Profiles are also available via oEmbed allowing really easy reuse of content across sites. See how they look on the Law and Criminology student profiles page.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate subject pages are now in WordPress incorporating embedded videos (as a slider for Teacher Training and Health) and a profiles slider.
- Completed the upgrade to FontAwesome 4.0.3 – a painful process when most references to the old icon- classes are trapped in serialized WordPress tables. Only made possible by the fantastic Search-Replace-DB by Interconnect/IT.
- Added a widget area to our content page templates. These will allow the easy creation of sub homepages comprising rows of 1-4 widgets at the top of any given page.
- The above designs are a prerequisite for moving large sites such as the Faculties of Education and Health & Social Care over to the new theme. This work has now begun in earnest!
- Website updates and migrations for Admission, External Examiners, Inclusive Services and probably others I’ve forgotten.
- Spring cleaning some of our older sites with a purge of old code that’s no longer used and tracking down the cause of various 500 errors that trigger alerts each time their URL is hit.
- Learning Services moved to new theme (it’s a big, high traffic site so deserves a mention on its own).
- The annual cloning and publishing of new course “presentations” has been completed with colleagues from Corporate Comms. 2015 is now live!
- The homepage now features full width slides allowing us to better highlight Edge Hill’s stunning campus.
- Improved the print stylesheet for our site.
Finally the raw stats:
- JIRA – Created: 199; Resolved: 192
- RMS – Created: 154; Cleared: 159
That’s all for this
week term- we’ll try to be back next Friday with a regular amount of updates.