Parking Information – new application process

As parking at Edge Hill University is extremely limited, please note that parking is reserved for permit holders only. If you are a student, member of staff or Sporting Edge please apply for your permit online from Workflow Dynamics (The Parking Shop) at https://enforce-it.net/pksehunewpermitapp from Wednesday 14th September 2011 onwards.

If you already hold an old style card permit, you are required to re-apply for a new permit, as the old permits will soon become invalid.

There are a number of restrictions on permit applications that may affect your eligibility. You will be informed whether you are eligible during the initial stages of your application. More information and guidance on parking arrangements can be found in the T&PMS 2011/12.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I access the online application system?
The online application system is handled by Workflow Dynamics (The Parking Shop) on behalf of Edge Hill University.

You should now apply online from 14th September 2011 onwards. Students enrolling on 14th, 15th and 16th September will be invited to apply online as part of the enrolment process and assistance will be made available.

I am having trouble with the system
Please bear with us as this is a new system and we are in the process of resolving some teething problems. Please note that if you are eligible for a permit, you will receive one, and at this stage there is no urgency in applying. During the initial phases of this new system, there will inevitably be a period of adjustment and no enforcement will take place until we are confident that the system is working correctly.

How do I receive my permit?
If you are eligible, your permit will be posted to your address. You will be able to print a recipt which will act as a temporary permit until the official permit is received.

Where do I find my staff/student/Sporting Edge number?
Staff should use their payroll number which can be found on their payslip. Please contact the Payroll Department if you are unsure.
Students should use their 8-digit student number which is supplied at enrolment. Sporting Edge members should receive a membership number on registration.

What criteria is used to assess eligibility?
Your address will determine whether or not you are eligible to park on campus, as we need to give preference to those campus users who are travelling from further distances. If you live within 5km of the campus, or near to a bus or train station which directly serves Ormskirk, you are likely to be ineligible as you are encouraged to use public transport instead. Full details are available in the T&PMS 2011/12. During the initial stages of the application process your eligibility will be assessed and you will be advised accordingly.

What if I have special circumstances which require me to be able to park on campus?
If you have special circumstances, including medical conditions, you will have an opportunity to inform us of these during the online application process. Please follow the instructions given on the website. Your circumstances will then be assessed and manually approved or rejected as appropriate. Please provide as much information as possible, and be prepared to supply evidence. You will receive a temporary permit to print out whilst your application is being considered but it is your responsibility to provide your evidence promptly.

What provisions have been made for disabled users?
Holders of a disability Blue Badge do not need to apply for a separate Edge Hill permit as displaying your Blue Badge will be sufficient. If you have a temporary disability (including pregnancy) which requires you to have access to disabled parking bays, please apply under ‘Special Circumstances’ and provide details of your condition as above. Evidence will be required.

Are permits required for motorbikes?
Permits are not required for motorbikes, scooters or bicycles. Please park sensibly so as not to restrict space for cars or cause an obstruction to other campus users.

Where am I allowed to park?
Full terms and conditions, including details of new ‘parking zones’ are available during the application process. You must adhere to the permitted zones in accordance with the conditions. Our Traffic Management Assistants will be able to direct you on arrival to campus.

Do I have to obtain a new permit every year?
Yes. All permits are valid for 1 year only (maximum) and you will need to re-apply just prior to the expiry date so that we can ensure your details are up-to-date.

I have an old Edge Hill parking permit with a valid expiry date – do I still need to apply online?
Yes. In order for the system to work effectively, we require all staff, students and Sporting Edge members to apply online. The old parking permits will soon become invalid.

What other travel options are available?
For more information on sustainable travel, including public transport, please visit: http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/sustainability/travel. In addition, Ormskirk Town Centre Pay & Display parking maps are available from the FM Helpdesk in the Durning Centre foyer.

Can I still obtain a Car Share permit?
The Car Share Scheme allows priority parking at the front of campus for cars with 2 or more permit holders (staff and/or student only). For more information please visit: http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/sustainability/travel.

8 thoughts on “Parking Information – new application process

• Dear Susan, you have not said what the problem is. You should be able to apply online at https://enforce-it.net/pksehunewpermitapp/ and enter your Sporting Edge membership number. If you are rejected on the grounds of your proximity to the University, you have the option to apply under Special Circumstances for consideration. I hope this helps.

1. Hi

I applied for a permit but my printer broke and I was unable to save the reciept. I did note down the permit reference number. I still hold an old permit from last year also. If my new permit does not arrive in time for 28th September can I still use my old permit and make a note in my window of my new permit reference until the new permit arrives? or does it have to be an official receipt?

• Hi Hannah, if you revisit the website and enter your student/staff number and postcode you should have an option to view and print your receipt. The old style permits will no longer be valid.

2. I applied for a permit on the 15th September when enrolling. I have a temporary permit but still have not received my permit in the post. Any ideas when I will receive my permit?

• We are experiencing a small number of software and administration issues with the completely new on-line parking permit system provided by a 3rd party. All those who possess a ‘temporary parking permit’ that has either expired or will expire this week should retain and display them in your windscreens this week. This will allow you access to the campus and parking subject to availability. Until these minor issues are resolved, it would be neither reasonable nor practical to take immediate enforcement action in accordance with the T&PMS.

3. I already have a parking permit for the reg Y227HAB but i have recently just bought a new car and so need a new permit with my new car reg on. I have tried to do this but it keeps saying i already have a permit and there is no option to get a new one for a new car…… Can you please help?

Tara Gould